Saturday 29 December 2018

Disappointing meals...

Sophie and I decided to venture out to Rushden Lakes this morning as we had some clothes to take back and both of us wanted to get out and do something, anything, other than sit at home!

I expected it to be really busy but we managed to get into the retail park easily and found a parking space with no problem at all. We went to River Island first where Sophie took back a couple of tops she'd ordered and tried on another, as she is going out tonight with her friends Laura and Daisy. We noticed that the changing rooms were filthy in the shop...dust bunnies in the corners and spilt food on the floors. Yuk! I did find a 5p piece though!

We then headed off to M&S where I exchanged a bra and then Boots where I bought some more hair colourant as I noticed some rogue grey hairs along my hairline yesterday...not good! I also bought some eye masks as I'm looking a little washed out and tired at the moment! I'm putting it down to the weather! Those wonderful summer days seem an age ago!

We decided to have lunch at Wagamama and arrived just before it started to fill up with people. We were seated where I had a view of the lake but it was a grey and miserable day. The sun is definitely in short supply at the moment!

We ordered a main course and a drink each but I chose the wrong dish...when we've been to Akasaka, Mike has always chosen the Ramen Noodle soup and it's delicious, so I went for it at Wagamama. Sophie stuck to her favourite, the Chicken Katsu curry. Unfortunately, even though I'd ordered it "rich" the soup was virtually tasteless and I kept adding soy sauce to it to give it some bite! I won't be ordering that again and it may be a while before we venture back!

On the way home we popped into Tesco and bought some Champagne for New Year's Eve and then we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. Sophie went to get ready for her night out and we took her into town at 7pm. Keith and I had decided to order a Chinese for our evening meal and we went to the one in Boothville that Sophie and I used some time ago. I chose the Sweet and Sour chicken, Hong Kong style. while Mike and Keith both ordered ribs.

It must have been my choices today as my meal from here was tasteless as well...it was just like an orange gloop with one bit of pepper and a slice of tomato! Oh dear!

After dinner Keith and I caught up with three episodes of the Belgian drama, Code 37: Sex Crimes and then left to pick Sophie up at 11pm. We were unable to park outside Rev's where Sophie was enjoying cocktails, so we parked by the large church in the middle of town and for ten minutes watched the Saturday night revellers wander past. We saw some sights, I can tell you!

By midnight we were all back home and we spent half an hour relaxing before bed!






No comments: