Saturday 8 December 2018

Catching up!

It was bliss to wake up this morning and have no plans whatsoever for the day! It meant I could catch up with all the niggling little jobs I'd left all week and do some tidying up!

Keith and I went to get the papers and I made a delicious porridge for breakfast, using a Gordon Ramsey recipe. It included nuts, raisins and cream so it was utterly delicious!

The weather today was a lot better than expected but it was windy and cold, so perfect for staying inside and pottering about. I wrote out some more Christmas cards, sorted out the Playstation Plus subscription for Mike (part of his present) and looked at our Home Insurance price which I was able to reduce!

I also (very early on) marinated some chicken thighs in Riesling for tonight's dinner. Sophie and I are cooking tonight rather than tomorrow as we've let Keith have a Sunday roast!

I managed a short nap and then had a soak in the bath before starting on the dinner. It smelt delicious as it was cooking and we used mushrooms, lardons, onions and garlic in the recipe. The aroma even brought Mike downstairs who declared that he was ravenous!

Dinner was indeed lovely and it was the Coq au Riesling recipe from the Hairy Bikers' cookbook. At the end we whisked up an egg yolk into some cream and added it to make it lovely and rich. After dinner we wanted to watch Rocky as Sophie and Mike had never seen the film but we were able to set it to record on Monday morning...a strange time for it to be shown, but never mind! Instead we watched The 15:17 to Paris which was a bit weird and very slow. The "actors" were the actual characters who had foiled an attempted terrorist attack on a train heading for Paris. It was a long-drawn out film directed by Clint Eastwood, but in my opinion it wasn't one of his best!

No comments: