Friday 21 December 2018

Grumpy, moody people!

Keith and I decided to go to Market Harborough today as I still had to get Mikey another present and I knew of a charity shop selling vinyl records. The weather today has been bleak and grey with occasional blustery showers, so not really ideal for going to the town, but needs must!

I think everyone was in a grumpy mood this morning as I was overtaken on the road just outside Maidwell but an impatient man in a van who was obviously annoyed with me for sticking to the speed limit in the village! I do not want to get a £100 fine just before Christmas and know that speed cameras are often there!

We parked easily in Market Harborough and walked up to the shop where I saw, with a bit of disappointment, that there weren't that many records to choose from. Keith spotted some old 45s which we attempted to have a look at, despite a man standing in the way. He was another rude person who said, "Excuse me!" curtly when he went to put some records back. It's good to know the season of goodwill is alive and well!

We left and went to get the newspaper, but went back again as Keith had spotted some records that he thought Mike might like. Unfortunately, Mr Grumpy was still hanging about but we picked out three that looked like they would fit the bill, paid and left!

Keith didn't feel that well today so he wasn't really keen on doing a lot of browsing, so after I'd bought some presents in Boots and had a look in Waterstones, we decided to call in at Farndon Fields farm shop on the way home to get a pork pie. As I had suspected, the place was heaving and there were very few parking spaces. I think I got hooted at because I had to reverse (very slightly) to allow another car to pass, so by now I was really fed up. We managed to squeeze into a space and joined the throng of people who were buying their Christmas foods. We located a pork pie and fled home to the peace and quiet of our house!

I spent the afternoon pottering about and wrapping the last of my presents and Sophie arrived home at just after 3pm as it was her last day working! Yippee!

I took Keith to the pub (he still felt a bit dizzy) and Sophie and I relaxed for a while before preparing dinner of chicken fajitas, which were delicious!

No comments: