Sunday 1 May 2016

A bit of gardening

Sophie was at work this morning so after dropping her off we called to see Mum and Dad and return their lawnmower which we'd been looking after all winter for them. Their garden is looking lovely with a nice lawned area, decking at the bottom and a small patio. Very soon Dad will have to cut the grass!

After seeing them we drove to Tesco and I treated myself to a bottle of Vodka (essential for cocktails) and some Leffe. We bought ourselves lunch and then went home to sit in the conservatory and talk about our plans for Florida next year. Keith, as it turned out, wasn't that bothered about celebrating in Key West so we've decided to stay in Marathon again and then we can spend a day in Key West but also go to the Dolphin Research Centre again and then the Everglades Holiday Park on the way back to Naples so we can see the Gator Boys!

After lunch I seized the opportunity to mow the front grass verge and our back lawn just before we had a few spots of rain. Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday and it's supposed to be a mixed bag of weather so I was glad I was able to get out and tidy up the grass before it really did rain hard.

Mike called in the afternoon and asked whether he could stop at a friend's overnight. I was a bit surprised but we agreed. He was under the impression we were having Chilli Con Carne for dinner, when in fact I was cooking Parmesan crusted chicken breasts! They went down very well and the breadcrumbs I made from a day-old loaf were miles better than the ones I bought in Tesco before!


No comments: