Tuesday 17 May 2016

A breakfast treat

We awoke to blue skies and sunshine again today - I'm definitely getting used to this!

Sophie was working today, but just for four hours which isn't really enough for her. She is thinking of getting another job as she will need to work over the summer and it would be great if she could have her weekends free. Predictably, the place was very quiet, due solely to the lovely weather. It was around this time of the year that we would suffer the most as people deserted us and went to the parks instead!

We dropped her off and popped over to the bank to take some paperwork in. Keith said he would treat me to a late breakfast in Jenny's so I was more than happy to accept! We both had the all-day breakfast which made a nice change from pastries at home!

Back at home I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon putting all Mum and Dad's furniture onto Ebay. Let's hope it sells for them!

Sophie had an appointment for her nails in the afternoon so I picked her up from work and we drove to the salon. We were a bit early so we mooched about in the local Co-op and she had a bite to eat before her appointment. I stayed in the car and read my Kindle until she was finished an hour later and then it was off to pick Mike up from another revision session before thankfully going home. I felt like I'd been in the car for ages!

Sophie had asked if I could cook Jerk Chicken Pasta for dinner so before I did the final cooking we sat and played cards with Keith in the conservatory over a drink. The previously lovely weather had turned cloudy with rain forecast for tonight and more over the next few days. I will certainly miss sitting in the garden in the sun!


No comments: