Wednesday 4 May 2016

Sneaking off...

It's been a gorgeous day today - perhaps our first proper Spring day - with warm temperatures and a beautiful sky of blue.

We took both kids off to school and uni as Sophie had an exam today and was meeting friends first to revise.  We had an appointment with Virgin at 9.30am as there were a few things we needed to talk to the rep about, namely the change of plan with regards to Key West. The man I saw on Saturday wasn't coming in until later so we saw a lovely girl called Kellie who helped us with our queries and booked our holiday! We only have 454 days to go!

After seeing her we had the mundane task of getting some shopping (very handy as the Virgin travel shop is within Tesco) and I bought some crushed ice for cocktails. Sophie is enjoying the Vodka Caiprinhas I'm making her and I'm loving a combination of Vodka, Amaretto di Saronno and orange juice. Delicious!

We drove home and Keith suggested we walk up to the pub to celebrate booking our holiday. Who was I to refuse! I felt a little guilty about going for a drink but it was such a beautiful day and there were obviously other people who had had the same idea. Seize the day, I say!

The afternoon and early evening was spent picking up the kids and Keith made his lovely chicken pie for dinner. A night off cooking for me!


No comments: