Friday 20 May 2016

Feeling shattered!

It's been a very busy day today and Keith and I have achieved quite a lot! We both dropped Mike off at school and then I took Sophie into work at 9.30am as I wanted to be home for 10am, because we had a couple coming over to look at the folding bike we have for sale on Ebay.

We drove into the village only to find a sign saying there was a temporary road closure for fifteen minutes! I think they were repairing a pothole so I turned around and went via an alternative route...just what we needed when I had to get home for 10am!

Luckily, the couple arrived after I got home and the man had a good look at our bike. He was obviously an expert on Bromptons as he folded it up expertly, something that takes us ages to do! He had a short ride on the bike and then offered us cash for it there and then. As we already had a bid on ebay I refused but he's obviously more than welcome to bid on it by Sunday!

Once the couple had gone Keith and I went to see Sue and have a cup of coffee. Their garden still looks like a building site but things are definitely taking shape now. We sat and had a drink and admired the view while having a good chat and then it was off to Mum and Dad's to cut their lawn. While Keith was mowing I dug soil improver into their borders. Mum had scattered it over the top of the soil so I used a fork to dig it in and it was hard work! The soil we have here in Northamptonshire is mostly heavy clay and great clods kept sticking to the fork making it even more difficult!

We were both a bit hot and sweaty by the time we'd finished but we returned home, grabbed a quick bite to eat and then started on the garage. The plan was to replace some shelves with Sophie's old drawers but I felt we needed both as we had so much stuff to store. We moved the shelves out and swept behind, disturbing all manner of insects and a huge fat slug which looked disgusting! Horrible!

I washed the shelves and then put back cleaning bottles for the car plus plant feed bottles that I'd forgotten I'd had! Keith used the drawers to store all his tools and drill-bits and we also used the old cabinet from the living room as storage as well. When we'd finished it looked so much neater and tidier! How long it will stay that way is anybody's guess!

We collected Sophie from work and then drove to the tip with the car full of rubbish. We'll have to make a second trip for the top part of the cabinet and an old piece of wood that's languishing in the garden behind the garage!

No comments: