Thursday 12 May 2016

The sun comes back!

Today has been a much better day, weather-wise. But then it would, wouldn't it, as it's shopping day!

We took Mike to school and Sophie into uni as she wanted to do some revision with her friends. I dropped Keith off at Pitsford and went home to make out our shopping list as we'd decided on the meals last night. This week we've definitely played safe with no more out of the ordinary meals to make!

As soon as Keith returned we both showered and went off to Aldi and Tesco. It was lovely and warm with blue skies and sunshine. We'd barely arrived home and put the shopping away before Sophie called me to ask me to collect her. I managed a quick bite to eat and a cup of tea and then rushed off to get her. She suggested doing something nice in the afternoon so we popped to Beckworth and she treated me to a bowl of their "Spaghetti" ice-cream, which was delicious and perfect for the sunny weather.

After we'd eaten we mooched about in the garden section and I bought some summer bedding plants to go into the empty pots. Beckworth have a beautiful display of plants now and it seems hard to remember when it was all given over to the ice rink and the Christmas goods for sale!

As soon as we got home Keith took a call from my parents as my Dad wanted him to go over and mow the lawn. If I'm honest I wasn't that happy about it and to make matters worse, Mike wanted to go to Brixworth. Looking back I should have said no to both requests as I just wanted to potter about in the garden with my new plants, but we went over to my parents after dropping Mike off first.

Keith cut the lawn while I sat with my parents and Sophie and chatted. I'm a bit worried about my Mum and Dad at the moment as my Dad is still in a lot of pain with his ribs and my Mum looks worn out. I think selling the business and moving home twice has really taken its toll.

Once back home and having collected Mike from Brixworth we did all sit and play a game of cards, though, and at least relaxed for an hour before eating Keith's chicken curry!

No comments: