Saturday 14 May 2016

Eurovision!

Although the weather forecast was for cloudy and cool weather, it's been lovely today and I managed to get out into the back garden and mow the lawn, as well as tidy up the borders. Sophie was meeting a friend at lunchtime at uni, so we dropped Mike off in Brixworth and carried on into town. After she went off with her friend Alba, Keith and I went to Jones's as we needed a few bits.

While we were there I bought a bird feeder that means we can put out the food up high and hopefully make it more difficult for our little furry rat friend to nab the grub. As soon as we were home Keith put it together for me and it looks lovely in the garden. The blue-tits were using it straight away!

It certainly wasn't as warm as last week but the weather stayed lovely all day. I'm pleased with how the garden is looking at the moment and I put some new plants in which should give us some colour over the summer.

In the evening Sophie and I tried a Long Island Iced tea and I made sure I followed the measures exactly! I didn't want us to be too drunk to enjoy our dinner and the Eurovision Song Contest! Sophie liked the cocktail but I'm not a fan of coke so I think I'll stay with Vodka and orange juice in the future!

We all played cards in the evening and cooked beefburgers with salad for dinner. I'd also made Panna Cotta which went down very well half way through the evening. We were intrigued by the new voting system but it did mean that the UK dropped way down the board at the end of the night. I liked the winning song from Ukraine but Keith and Sophie hated it! It's all a matter of taste!

No comments: