Friday 27 May 2016

Last day...

I had planned on working on my assignment today but other things got in the way! After Keith had been for a walk and came home to shower we all went to the Weston Favell Centre as Sophie needed to take out some money for her forthcoming trip to London to see Busted at the O2.

We also needed to go into Tesco to get some things Keith had forgotten (he lost the list yesterday in Aldi and had to call me to jog his memory!).  From there we returned home but on the way Keith suggested a quick drink in the Royal Oak so we went! We are getting naughty!

We had a couple of drinks and went home to sit in the garden for half an hour. It's been another warm and sunny day and very pleasant indeed. I just hope it stays like this for the Bank Holiday weekend!

Before Mike arrived home Sophie and I left to go to my Mum's and I'm glad Keith stayed at home as Mike missed the bus. Today has been his last day of compulsory schooling so a bit of an emotional time for him. I can't believe it's come around so quickly! His time at secondary school has flown by! Now we have the rest of his GCSEs to look forward to!

Mum made us a cup of tea and we munched on some lovely biscuits before admiring their garden which they've filled with plants so it's looking much better than when they moved in. Their garden is a real sun trap and it was very warm in the sun. Hopefully Mum and Dad will get a great tan this year and enjoy the weather!

We returned home and walked Monty around the estate before Keith walked down to the pub. After he had gone Sophie and I sat and watched TV and when I heard a car door slam I peeped out of the window to see three very glamourous girls emerge from a car. They looked dressed to the nines and I watched them walk off down the street. With Sophie, I dashed upstairs and saw that more and more cars were disgorging equally dazzling girls...then it dawned on us! It's Prom season so obviously they were all congregating at a nearby house before going off to their party. They looked far older than 16 and one girl was even carrying a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Coke!

Mike was also off to a party in Northampton so Sophie and I took him and then drove back to get Keith from the pub. We then dashed home as I had to make Macaroni Cheese and luckily it didn't take too long. When we arrived home all the cars had gone so obviously the glamour pusses had been picked up - probably by Limousine!

We had a late night tonight as we went to pick Mike up at midnight and when we arrived there was a little gaggle of teens hanging around outside. Mike didn't appear too inebriated, which was a huge relief!

No comments: