Monday 16 May 2016

Getting things done!

Today has been beautiful weather-wise - lovely warm temperatures and lots of sun and blue skies. Perfect!

Keith went for a walk this morning and when I arrived home I tackled the housework with Sophie. She is twiddling her thumbs at the moment as she had now completely finished her exams and won't need to go back to uni until October. I can't believe her first year is over! It only seems like a few months that we were taking her on her first real day!

As well as doing some cleaning I also did a lot of niggly little jobs so by the time Keith arrived home from his walk I felt very pleased with what I'd achieved in the short space of time! After we'd all showered and had some lunch we drove over to Mum and Dad's as they had several items of furniture that they wanted to sell on Ebay and I said I'd help.

We spent an hour photographing a couple of lovely cabinets, a two-seater sofa and footstool and some armchairs in the sun and then we drove over to Kettering as I needed to get a trough and some compost for my new strawberry plants. Aldi didn't have any compost but they did have a planter so I bought that along with a bottle of Triple Sec (!) and some Pains au Chocolat for Sophie.

We tried B&M for compost and luckily they had some open bags for just £1! I really didn't need a lot so didn't want to pay a fortune for a large bag so this was the perfect solution! Back home I planted the strawberries and we sat in the garden for a few minutes but it wasn't as warm as it had been the other day!

Keith and I went to pick Mike up from his revision session at 4.30pm - his exams are looming large now and he is really nervous. He finishes school on the 27th May which is approaching very quickly. All too soon all four of us will be in the house all day...heaven help us!


No comments: