Tuesday 24 May 2016

Enforced relaxation!

I had an appointment at 11am this morning to take my car into Audi for its emissions service. After countless letters and emails telling me what would be happening, I'd been able to make an appointment for today and had said that I would stay on site and wait. I would have preferred to have been given an A5 for the day but that was not to be!

Sophie and I went as she wanted to go to Next afterwards to look for potential Prom dresses and there would have been no need for Keith to come as well. It was a glorious morning, with the most beautiful "Florida sky" to look at on the way, and with Ben Howard warbling away on the car stereo (Under the Same Sun...bliss!) I enjoyed the journey over to the car dealership!

After a slight hiccup as to where to take my car - inside into a very posh workshop - Sophie and I were shown to a desk and introduced to the man who would be "looking after us today". Was it my imagination or did he appear quite embarrassed by the whole situation? I asked about my road tax as I currently pay £30 a year and did not want this amount to shoot up. He assured me it wouldn't so that was a relief!

After signing a form we were shown to an extremely comfortable lounge and told the wait would be about an hour and a half. We were given wifi codes and we enjoyed delicious coffee from the Ferrari of all coffee machines, plus biscuits. There were newspapers and magazines to read and a television playing quietly in the background. It was all supremely relaxing!

The only fly in the ointment was a woman sitting at the next table who had obviously taken a dislike to both of us for some reason. She shot me a look of pure hatred while I was munching on my biscuit and kept glaring at us for the whole time we were there! I have no idea why!

My car was all finished by 12.45pm and had been given a complimentary health check (she said she felt fine) and a wash and vacuum. She was gleaming when I drove her out and back into the real world!

From Audi we went to Next and Sophie tried on two dresses, neither of which were any good. She tried on a short black one that was very pretty but one size was too small while another was too big and made her look a bit "boobylicious"!!

Back home we had lunch and Mum and Dad popped around later in the afternoon to pick up something I'd printed out for them. We enjoyed a cup of tea and a chat until they left at 5pm, just before Sophie was picked up by her friend Hannah as they were off to a Tapas restaurant in town.

After dinner with just the three of us, Keith and I watched all four episodes of "The Secret" which were brilliant!



No comments: