Saturday 7 May 2016

Storm clouds gather...

Today started off warm and sunny but we had a weather warning here for possible heavy, thundery rain later in the day.

Sophie and I went to Market Harborough at lunchtime and I enjoyed a sandwich and a milkshake in Caffe Nero. Sophie wasn't hungry and made do with a milkshake as well, as she was looking forward to pasta leftovers when she returned home.

We had a mooch about the town which was very busy with people out enjoying the warm temperatures and sunny weather. We treated ourselves to a bottle of Tequila, one of white Rum and some Triple Sec for our cocktails which are certainly becoming a regular thing at the moment!

On the way home we could see towering cumulonimbus clouds in the distance and by the time we arrived the sky was looking very ominous indeed! While I was taking a call from my friend Lynda, the heavens opened and it started raining followed by thunder and lightening. I do love a good storm!

We'd rushed home to sit out in the sun so it was typical that it started raining before we had a chance to get out! The storm carried on for a couple of hours and when Sophie and I went to pick Mike up from Heather's the sun had come out again and it was lovely and warm again.

Mum and Dad popped around in the evening for a drink and Dad said he was very sore, but on the mend. I told him to sit out in the garden tomorrow as it's supposed to be even warmer with lots of sunshine. Hooray!

After Mum and Dad had gone I made Sophie another cocktail and realised that instead of using Tequila, I'd used Vodka! She became a wee bit tipsy and we watched some old videos that I'd uploaded to YouTube which made her even more emotional! Oh dear!


No comments: