Thursday 19 May 2016

Another rat sighting...

This morning Keith made a start with Sophie's new chest of drawers while I did the weekly menu and shopping list. Sophie helped her Dad and despite hearing some shouting early on, they did very well together and the new furniture was all put up and filled with her clothes by lunchtime. She was very pleased and we'll put her old drawers in the garage to use as storage for all Keith's bits and pieces.

While they were upstairs I saw the rat again and it was huge. At first I thought it was our squirrel as it's as long as one, when it has its tail flat on the ground. I rushed out into the garden and grabbed our rake and I saw it peering up at me from amongst the pots but it was far too quick and disappeared through its rat-run back into next door's garden. I wonder if it's about time we told Sarah and Liam about our unwelcome visitor as it must be going through their garden as well, and even though they're renting the house out, the tenants can keep an eye on its movements, too.

I cleaned the inside of my car and it was the filthiest I've ever known it. Next week it's booked into Audi for its emissions service so I'll be sitting and waiting for it to be done and I'll no doubt be given the hard sell when it comes to maybe buying a new car from them. I was hoping that the service would take all day and I could borrow an A5 but it takes less than an hour so I'll make sure I get lots of their coffee while I'm waiting!

When Keith had finished we both quickly showered and went off to do our shopping leaving Sophie behind to enjoy her leftover Jerk Chicken Pasta. As we were a little later than normal both Tesco and Aldi were very quiet and we were home sooner than I expected, which was a bonus!

In the evening we decided to have a take-away from the van and after ordering our meal Keith and I went to the pub in Old for a drink. It was pleasantly busy and we knew quite a few people who were sitting at the bar. We sat in the window as usual and chatted for an hour until it was time to go and collect our meal, which was ten minutes late...pah!

No comments: