Tuesday 1 May 2012

Swimming on the M25...

Today Mum and I went down to Kent to see Nan and to sort out some of her finances. We really, if we were honest, didn't have the time to go down as we had so much to do at work but there was no way of getting out of it.

The rain was lashing down on the M1 making driving very difficult, but in Dartford the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous Spring day.

While mum and my uncle went to the bank, I did Nan's shopping for her which was fun as I rarely shop in Sainsbury's and she's extremely particular about what she buys! I daren't get it wrong!

We left Dartford in bright sunshine but ahead of us was a huge black cloud. Very soon the heavens opened and the M25 was awash with water, with the fields on either side flooded after all the rain we've had. By the time we got home it was misty and murky and not like Spring at all.

As I stopped outside the house to let mum drive home Sophie opened the window and said that the alarm at work was going off and could we go in as Dad was cooking dinner? Muttering a few words under my breath we turned the car around and headed back the way we came to investigate why the alarm was ringing.

When we arrived the Nursery cleaner was looking a little worried but nothing had happened, burglary-wise, so it must have been an over sensitive sensor!

I can tell you the drink I had when I eventually got in was very welcome indeed!

No comments: