Wednesday 16 May 2012

Home at last!

Keith was given the all-clear to go home this morning so at lunchtime I was helping him into the car and driving him home. The weather was beautiful on the way home, a real blue-and-white sky, full of fluffy clouds and sunshine, but ten minutes after getting home we had a really violent hailstorn that made everywhere look like it had been snowing!

I settled him on the sofa, made him a cup of tea and some lunch and headed back to work for the afternoon. I would have loved to have spent the rest of the day at home, but it was not to be. Maybe next week I can have some time off.

The children were so glad to see "Nilby" home and we had a very pleasant evening, but when it came time for bed, Keith was very uncomfortable and it was like lying next to a squirmy worm! I think that until his stitches are out we'll be sleeping separately...I yearn for a night's uninterrupted sleep at the moment!

No comments: