Friday 11 May 2012

In search of the perfect coffee...

This morning I waited in for the Tesco delivery man to arrive as there was no way I was going to go and do it in the store! Housework I do not mind, but shopping, usually Keith's job, is a step too far! While I waited I did some ironing and by 9.30am I was at work pleased that the fridge and cupboards were full. We certainly won't starve!

Work was pleasantly busy and after lunch Dad and I went off to Milton Keynes to try a coffee from a Douwe Egberts coffee machine. Our own machine is broken at the moment and we're looking to get a new one. Mum and Dad had driven over last night but Mum is not really a big coffee lover so Dad wanted my opinion. I thought it was OK but my main worry was how long the machine took to make a cappuccino - 30 seconds - which could cause problems if we're busy.

On the way back we discussed the pros and cons of getting another machine and I think this time we're going to make sure we get the right coffee-maker for our business. At 3pm I went off to pick up the children from school as I was meeting a friend at work whose daughter is the same age as Sophie and who is thinking of going to Sophie's school for Sixth Form. She wanted to ask Soph lots of questions about the school to try and make a decision.

The four of us had a pleasant chat for an hour and then it was a quick drive home to get ready to go and see Keith in hospital. My plan to have him home for the weekend is in tatters and it's looking more likely to be Monday when he'll be ready. For me, it can't come soon enough!

No comments: