Sunday 13 May 2012

A sunny Saturday and a bit of a shock...

At last we've seen some sunshine today but I was so busy I hardly had time to enjoy the weather. The morning was taken up with preparing dinner and doing housework while Sophie did some ironing for me and made an excellent job of it! I told her to be careful otherwise she'll get the job full time!

In the afternoon I took Mikey for a haircut as he hasn't been near a pair of scissors since his impromptu appointment in Lanzarote in December! He was fed up with his hair being so long (and so thick, lucky thing!) so I took him to the Barber's that Keith goes to and he was very pleased with his much shorter locks!

All plans to go for a walk went by the wayside later in the day as both children weren't keen at all. Sophie is busy revising now as her exams start with a vengeance on Monday and for most of the day she's been watching films in French to help with her listening exam in the language on Monday afternoon. I don't envy her!

At 6pm I was at the hospital with Keith and then it was home to finish off the dinner (a very good beef in a red wine sauce) and then we settled down to watch the film Super 8, which, though only a 12 rating, was pretty scary!

It was at a very scary moment that our front window was hit hard by something white and what looked like cottage cheese. Well, as you can imagine we all jumped out of our skins and Sophie started screaming as it had given us all a shock. Mikey and I ran outside to see if anyone was about, but the street was empty, save for a car parked further up with its lights on. This freaked Sophie out even more and she started lamenting the fact that she'd watched so many horror films! What made it worse was that, even though I was sitting by the window, I hadn't seen any movement at all outside so it looked like it had come completely out of the blue.

With Sophie still freaking out, we all got into the car and had a slow drive around the estate to see if we could see any boys hanging about. We saw a man walking slowly through one of the grassy areas which was a bit spooky and when we went past the spot on the other side he'd disappeared...

However, it turned out his house had been hit as well and like us, he was out looking for the culprits as when we drove past he asked us to stop to find out if we'd seen anything. Sophie then phoned her friend Elise, who lives a few doors up and her and her brother had a good look around while I shepherded my two back into the house. The white stuff turned out to be tissue paper soaked in water and was easily removed, but the whole experience gave us a shock, I can tell you. We found out that the car belonged to someone visiting one of the houses and they'd left their lights on to prevent people hitting the car in the dark, so that was one problem solved!

Of course, while all this was going on, Keith had rang us, both on my mobile and on the home phone so he was wondering what on earth was going on! Needless to say I had a very bad night's sleep!

No comments: