Monday 30 April 2012

More hard work!

Dad and I started decorating the Ladies' toilets at work today and it turned out to be a lot harder than I had imagined! We'd received a quote from a decorator to do it for around £500 which we thought was a bit expensive so we decided to do it ourselves!

Keith came in and with Ian, our handyman, started putting up a barrier in the car park to protect our new cladding which has been hit and dented by several thoughtless customers. It will have a double use - to prevent cars hitting the cladding and also to provide a pedestrian walkway as a safety measure.

As soon as I arrived I headed off to the loos and started glossing the doors which took me all morning. By 4pm we'd covered a lot of the walls but it will need a second coat which Dad will do tomorrow as I'm off to Kent to see Nan with mum. She has an appointment with the bank so it's not something we could get out of easily.

There seems to be so much to do at the moment and not nearly enough time to do it! An extra few hours every day would be very welcome indeed!

No comments: