Thursday 31 May 2012

Off to Kent

Mum and I went off to Kent today to see Nan and I took baby Audi as she needed a good long run. We had a great journey down and after cooking Nan some lunch (we used her oven for the first time in ages) we went off to buy her some Birthday cards for her friends and relatives and I popped into Sainsbury's to get some things I'd forgotten in Tesco the day before...there's always something!

Back at the flat I treated myself to half an hour on her circualtion boosting machine! It's wonderful but feels very strange when the electrical impulses squeeze all the muscles in your calves. Nan is supposed to use it for three half hour sessions every day, but I suspect she doesn't. I would if I were her! It's so relaxing!

We left at our usual time of 4.30pm as this normally ensures we beat the queues at the Dartford Tunnel, but today we came unstuck, even before we'd reached the M25. We headed off to a shortcut we knew, but this was even worse with the whole area gridlocked. I made the decision to go back onto the M25 (but the other way) and then turn off onto the A2 and go through London instead.

This idea worked fine until we grew near to the Blackwall Tunnel and everything came to a standstill. We think it had something to do with people making an early getaway for the Jubilee Weekend...

The rest of the journey was OK and we stayed on the M11 rather than brave the busy M25. We arrived home at just after 7pm, I put the potato wedges in the oven and then sat back with a very long vodka and tonic!

No comments: