Saturday 26 May 2012

Friday and another girlie night out!

I'd been invited, along with my two ex-work friends Lynda and Andrea, for a meal at Fiona's house tonight as she was cooking a Moroccan dish, Lamb Tagine. The three of us each took a course and Keith very kindly made me a lemon cheesecake to take with me.

The plan had been to pick up Lynda, drive to Andrea's house and leave my car there as Fiona lives on a busy street in the middle of Northampton, but when we arrived at Andrea's house, she'd forgotten all about our plan and was already at Fiona's house! When we called her, she was full of remorse but Fiona very kindly parked her little Fiat 500 on the street so I was able to put my baby Audi into her garage, all safe and secure!

We sat out in the garden with a glass of champagne as Fiona's daughter had just given birth (albeit a bit early) to a baby girl and then we feasted on Andrea's starter of mixed sun-dried tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, dips and pitta breads.

The main course was delicious and very filling and Keith's cheesecake went down well. How we managed to eat cheese and biscuits after all that, I don't know! The house was full of children - Fiona still has five at home - and dogs who kept running in and out, chasing each other!

It was a great, if very late evening and I didn't get home until 1am, but Keith was still up and waiting for me, which was lovely!

No comments: