Saturday 19 May 2012

Pampering and wine!

Today has been a lovely day, despite the very gloomy weather. Mikey wanted to go to the Festival in Moulton this afternoon so I dropped him off on my way to Fong Spa. He was meeting up with some friends and it was great to see him go off and enjoy himself.

Sophie came to the spa with me as I was only having threading on my eyebrows so wouldn't be long. It would  have been nice to have gone for a few hours, but maybe we can do that another time. My eyebrows were desperately in need of some attention and I hadn't been near them with tweezers since they were "threaded" in Milton Keynes. The lady who did the treatment on me was lovely, but boy, did she hurt me and I won't be having it done there again! It was almost as if she wrenched out the hairs and when I eventually emerged I found the skin underneath my eyebrows was red and inflamed...not a good look when I'm going out this evening! They were beautifully shaped though so I was very pleased with that!

After my torture session we headed off to Waitrose to buy some wine for tonight as it's our Wine Evening. I was going to make do with something from our wine rack but I decided that was a bit cheap and I'm really glad I chose the two wines, both of them from California. They're made by the Hahn Winery which is family owned and I chose a Chardonnay and a Pinot Noir, both at £10.99.

On the way out I saw Tim, our next door neighbour, so it was a good job both wines were hidden in my bag...it's another blind tasting tonight!

Back home we had lunch, I picked up Mikey from Moulton and then Sophie proceeded to pamper me until it was time to go out. I had a shower and then she blow-dried my hair, straightened and then curled it, painted my toenails and fingernails and did my make-up for me. When I was ready I felt like a million dollars!

Mum and Dad came in to see Keith before we all went up as he wasn't going. He finds it very uncomfortable at the moment and a night sitting on hard chairs and then tottering home on his crutches wasn't appealing!

We had a great night at Sarah and Liam's house with some delicious wines (mine were beautiful) and some very good food. There was lots of chatter as usual and we all had a very enjoyable evening. If Keith had been there it would have been perfect!

No comments: