Thursday 10 May 2012

A quieter day, thank goodness!

All was back to normal today as Mum and dad were in and despite being mobbed by a Nursery group first thing, we were much quieter. Mum and I even managed to have a coffee and a muffin mid-morning at BB's!!

I was home at 4pm again and I tackled the ironing while Sophie put the hoover around for me. The children are being very good and before I left for the hospital at 6pm I prepared dinner and asked Sophie to put the oven on for me so we could eat when I got home.

Keith was in a fair amount of pain when I went into see him and was sitting in a chair next to his bed. He said that getting out of bed and into the chair was an ordeal and he nearly passed out. I think he thought that as soon as the operation was over he'd be pain-free but it will take time. My thoughts of him being at home for the weekend were a bit optimistic, I think and it's looking more likely he'll be home on Monday, all being well.

Again, it was horrible leaving him there, but I went home, made the dinner and then relaxed with Sophie by watching a property programme based in Florida. We can dream!

No comments: