Saturday 26 May 2012

Not so lazy summer days...

Well, summer has arrived and the temperatures have soared today. I went out into the garden first thing to mow the lawn as it's been bugging me big time whenever we've sat out there! It was great to get it all cut and tidy but I could feel the heat coming through even by 10am.

Next up was a huge pile of ironing so I did that in the kitchen, opening the back door and the windows to let the delicious breeze flow through. I love doing laundry when the weather is breezy but dry and sunny and I love the smell of air-dried clothes - they seem to capture the smell of sunshine!

Keith and I sat out in the garden for a little while in the afternoon and the children went off to visit my mum which was lovely for them all. She loves that they can walk or cycle up to her house!

As a treat we ordered a Chinese take-away in the evening and then settled down to watch the Eurovision Song Contest. We all voted on the songs and I thought that this year, with Englebert Humperdink, we stood a good chance, but alas, no! We came second from bottom which I find unbelievable as there were a couple of really crappy songs which all scored higher. I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again, but I really think it's time we gave up on this fix of a show!

No comments: