Sunday 6 May 2012

Essential shopping

It's become a tradition in our house to drive over to Corby to buy Mikey shoes. And we have to go on a Sunday!

We stopped off at McDonald's first for the children to have breakfast (I had porridge and a latte) and then we headed for Corby. Normally I get lost but today I drove straight to the big out-of-town shopping area and we parked outside Brantano's. We ended up buying Mikey three pairs of shoes and then we went into Matalan to buy him some new trousers for school, something he badly needed!

Our last stop was the huge Asda where I found two bottles of my favourite wine, Redwood Creek Merlot, and we treated Mikey to some Root Beer so he had a very enjoyable morning!

As the weather was pleasant for once, I spent the rest of the afternoon gardening and putting my car through the car wash (so it's bound to rain again soon). It was lovely to be out in the fresh air and the garden doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. One of the bushes that I thought had died has lots of new growth and there's even a hint of something growing in the pot that our "leek" was in so we'll keep an eye on that as we thought it was completely dead.

By 4pm I was all done and it was lovely to sit and relax with a drink...not in the garden I hasten to add, though. Although sunny and dry it was still a bit too cold!

No comments: