Wednesday 16 May 2012

The daily grind!

Now that Keith is out of action for a few weeks I'm the one who is in charge of the house! I make sure the alarm is set for 6.30am, get Sophie up and then head downstairs to feed the cats (a blur of fur as they speed in from outside), make packed lunches and get the family breakfast. Gone are the days (for the time being) when I had a shower, got ready and went off to work leaving Keith to deal with all the domestic bliss!

It means I'm getting into work slightly later, but needs must at the moment and it's not a problem. When I get home I prepare the dinner, sort out the washing and ironing and do any essential housework, just like millions of other women and I think myself lucky that Keith will be back to normal in a few weeks. I keep reminding him that I used to do all the housework and cooking when he worked full-time and I finished at 3pm but he says he can't remember...selective memory I think!

No comments: