Wednesday 23 May 2012

A day off!

I stayed at home with Keith today as he was having his staples taken out of the wound! Yuk! Luckily the nurse arrived very early (as I was hoovering!) so it meant we had the rest of the day to ourselves.

First stop was Tesco and Keith did very well walking around on his crutches. It means that next week we won't have to rely on a delivery and he can come with me one evening to do the shop together. We took £37 worth of Tesco Clubcard vouchers with us and decided to have a bit of a spend. Keith wanted to take the shop up to £50 to qualify for the 5p off diesel so we piled beer and wine into the trolley along with meals for the next two evenings and a bottle of vodka for me!

When we got to the checkout, the bill went up and up and finally reached £65! We can certainly spend it! Imagine our dismay, though, when we handed the vouchers over and we were told they were duplicates that we'd already used! Now I know why they were buried at the bottom of one of our drawers!! I seem to remember some vouchers being delayed in the post last year and Tesco sent us some more!

Very red-faced, Keith handed over the cash and we slunk off home to put our indulgent purchases into the fridge to chill!

After doing some essential ironing we went to the pub for lunch and very pleasant it was, too! We had a sandwich and a couple of drinks and then it was back home to relax in the warmth. By 4pm it was very hot and although we sat out in the garden for an hour, it was too hot for me and I went back inside where it was a bit cooler. Needless to say the fan will be out this evening when I go to bed!

No comments: