Thursday 29 February 2024

An extra day!

So, today we have an extra day of winter, and the weather lived up to it! There was horrendous rain on the way to work, with rivers of water running down the side of the roads. Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning and left after me, so I called her to warn her when I got to work!

My shift passed quickly and we had many challenging emails... we have three customers who seem hellbent on arguing with us and the exchanges go back and forth without any resolution, which is frustrating!

Mum called and cancelled her nail appointment this afternoon even though she'd told me last night she felt fine to go today. I drove home at 2pm and called her to see how she was but she didn't make much sense on the phone and couldn't hear what I was saying so there was more frustration!

My afternoon was spent mopping the floors and getting rid of the muddy paw prints. The rain had abated, thank goodness, but yet more is forecast over the next few days.

After dinner, we watched a riveting programme about two juries hearing a case of a man who'd killed his wife. It was interesting, and sometimes disturbing, to hear their comments about the defendant and the victim. It brought back memories of when I did Jury service and how much I'd enjoyed it. I didn't get a murder case, though!

No comments: