Saturday 17 February 2024

An indulgent afternoon!

I had a longer lie-in than I wanted this morning and surfaced at about 9 am. After coffee and breakfast, Sophie and I cleaned the house and tidied up, which didn't take long as I'd given everywhere a good clean last Saturday. Keith was looking forward to going to see Sileby play this afternoon and was hoping it wouldn't be postponed like last week! The weather was dry for most of the day, but very cloudy and mild.

Keith went to see the match at 2pm and Vikesh came around shortly afterwards to see Sophie. He looked a little thin after his illness, and he could only speak in a whisper because his vocal chords had been damaged by the ventilator tube, but he was in good spirits.

I retired to the living room and watched the new Grand Tour with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, who were driving three beautiful sports cars through the desert in Mauritania. In the kitchen, Sophie and Vikesh made red velvet cakes and when they were cooked my lovely daughter brought me one in with a mug of tea. Bliss! What a delightful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Keith came home and when I'd finished the Grand Tour, he put on the football. Vikesh didn't stay for dinner as this was his first outing after coming home from the hospital.

While Keith and Sophie watched football, I read my book and we ordered from the local Chinese takeaway. This arrived at about 8pm and was delicious. I think the takeaway has changed hands and the food is a lot better. We just love that they deliver to us as hardly anybody does, out here in the sticks!

After dinner, we watched BBC2 and two programmes about music from the movies. I was enjoying them so much I stayed up late and watched one about the Bond films as well. I didn't go to bed until after midnight! I felt like a proper adult!


No comments: