Thursday 22 February 2024

Rain, rain, rain!

We had yet more rain today and a weather warning accompanying it. How much longer is this weather going to last?

My shift at work passed quickly as I had so much to do. I still have films to put on, but they'll have to wait until tomorrow. I  left at 2pm, drove home and changed, and then went straight out to see my parents. It was good that we hadn't arranged to go out anywhere as the weather was atrocious!

Dad was downstairs, participating in a residents' meeting, and Mum wasn't feeling well again. I sat with her and we watched A Place in the Sun, which featured a couple looking for a holiday home in France for £140,000. They eventually chose one for £133,000 and it had three bedrooms and a pool! What a bargain! I could tell it had been filmed in the time of covid, as they all stood well apart from one another!

After an hour, I left and told Mum to see one of the carers about her feeling of nausea because it was stopping her from doing things and going out. I sloshed home and tackled the huge expanse of water across the road outside the village again. It was like driving through a ford!

Sophie arrived home shortly after me, and we sat and chatted. I'd received a list of prices that my parents' furniture had made at the auction last week, and I was dismayed to see the low prices for some of the items. However, it would have cost us more money to have disposed of the furniture, and at least it was all sorted now, even though I felt sad that their belongings had been sold. At least we have Mum's china. It does honestly make me think hard about buying stuff for the house.

Sophie went to get ready for an evening out with her friend, Laura, and I pootled about, tidying up. As we were having a very simple dinner tonight, I sat and relaxed with a glass of wine after seeing Sophie off. She was having a meal at the pub at Yardley Hastings, and I told her to be careful around Billing, where the flooding was bad.

We had a very quiet evening, watching a documentary about the Miners' Strike in 1984, and Sophie returned home at about 10.30pm. After a quick chat, it was definitely time for bed!

No comments: