Wednesday 21 February 2024

Washout!

I'd arranged for a company to come and clean our conservatory, and they were booked in today, after postponing last week. It was probably the worst day for them to do the work as the weather was unrelentingly awful, with gusty winds and rain. However, I didn't want to postpone again and there are very few dry and sunny days coming up!

Pete, the man who was doing the work, texted me to say he was on his way, and he arrived at about 10.30am with his partner. They parked across the driveway and dragged thick coils of hosepipe into the back garden, which was already saturated!

They then spent a good 45 minutes trying to get the jet wash to work... I sat in the kitchen cringing every time they fired it up before it failed again! Not a brilliant start! I texted Vince and Sue next door to apologise for the noise, and I was so glad Sophie was working from her office today and not home!

Finally, they got the jet wash working and they cleaned the roof, windows, windowsills and guttering. It looked a lot cleaner after they'd finished and the film of grime on the roof had gone. However, the garden was a sea of mud and we decided to keep the cats in for the rest of the day as they would just bring loads of dirt in on their paws. They'd been in the house while the work was being completed, as I thought they would be scared if they came into the garden to find strange people and a very loud noise!

Once they'd gone, Keith and I cleaned the inside of the conservatory as some of the powerful jets had breached the roof! Our conservatory is now over 20 years old, and I'd really like to get a proper roof put on. Maybe one day!

We cleaned up and I hoovered and mopped the floor. I also cleaned the kitchen floor and hoovered downstairs. This is all I seem to do these days! It's never-ending!

By the time Sophie arrived home from work, the house was cleaner and warmer! She cooked chicken fajitas for dinner and they were delicious!

No comments: