Monday 5 February 2024

A long day!

Today has been painful and not the best start to a busy week! Work passed quickly, as it always does on Monday, because I try to catch up with emails received over the weekend, and I have all the box office returns to do.

Keith texted me to say that Johnny had arrived to start work on replacing the windows and would be with us for at least four days. I couldn't wait to get home and see what they looked like!

On the way home, I decided to pop into Waitrose and get myself something for dinner. We'd planned on having bubble and squeak and the leftover chicken from last night's meal, and I just didn't fancy it at all! As I neared the roundabout, I could see the traffic was backed up all along the A43, which wasn't a good sign... I went into Waitrose and finally, after much deliberation, bought myself a little steak pie for dinner.

I debated whether to go through Moulton or Overstone on the way home, but in the end, I stuck it out on the A43, but it took me half an hour to get to the Holcot roundabout. It was due to roadworks (filling potholes) so the last stretch it did speed up a bit. I'd warned Sophie when I was parked at Waitrose, and neither of us needed this holdup because we wanted to go and see Vikesh.

When I drew up outside the house I could see that Sophie's window had been replaced, and Keith told me that the main bedroom and en-suite had been done as well. I was delighted with how they looked and they appeared to be so much bigger! The view from Sophie's room really opened up and we stood and stared out over the dismal winter landscape. The new windows made such a change and have given us much more light!

As soon as Sophie arrived home, she quickly changed and we flew out of the door again. Keith hadn't done anything with the vegetables so we decided to get fish and chips on the way home. We sped over to Kettering, I parked easily and we walked quickly to the intensive care ward. I sat outside again and read while Sophie went to see Vikesh.

He was a lot better and really needed to be on a normal ward. We left the hospital at about 6.30pm and popped into the only fish and chip shop that was open in Broughton. They had to cook our order from scratch so we stood and waited. We both felt drained and I sincerely hoped that Vikesh would be home soon as I was worried about Sophie feeling she had to visit every night.

Once our fish and chips were cooked, we sped home and ate straightaway, but Keith did make me a drink to enjoy with the meal! 


No comments: