Saturday 10 February 2024

Housework calls!

I was awake at just before 7am this morning, so perfect for getting up and having an early coffee. I had planned on cleaning the house today and getting rid of the dust that had been created from the window replacements.

We are happy with how they look, thank goodness, and we seem to have so much more light!





They also seem more modern and a couple of other houses nearby have installed new windows without the "Georgian bar" that we had previously. I've arranged to have the conservatory windows and roof cleaned next Wednesday and I'm determined to keep them looking immaculate!

So, today has been spent cleaning the house from top to bottom and changing the beds. Sophie helped with the bathroom and other chores before driving over to see Vikesh in the afternoon. Keith was looking forward to seeing his team, Sileby, play but he returned home because the game had been cancelled, even though the website said it was still on! I had settled down with Mooney to watch A Place in the Sun but that was shortlived!

I pottered about for the rest of the afternoon, still doing piles of laundry, and then had a soak in the bath. I banned the cats from the upstairs bedrooms as I didn't want muddy little feet all over the clean bedding!

Sophie had dinner with Vikesh and his family and Keith cooked succulent slices of beef in a gravy. We enjoyed the meat with giant Yorkshire puddings, mash and vegetables. Delicious!




No comments: