Wednesday 7 February 2024

Ladies who lunch

Sophie went to the gym this morning and although I tried to go back to sleep, I was wide awake at about 7am, which gave me a chance to get ready for the busy day ahead.

Johnny arrived at about 9.30am and made a start on the living room window. I knew there would be a fair amount of disruption and it was cold as, very soon, we had no window at all!



When he took out the windowsill I was shocked to see the bare bones of the house beneath. They hadn't taken much care finishing it off! I was so pleased though, as there was a fair amount of damp in the corners and the old wooden windowsill had warped badly.

Keith and I pootled about, chatting to Johnny and making him cups of coffee. I was glad that Sophie had decided to work from her office today so she wasn't disturbed by the noise and banging. 

She was finishing at 12.30pm though, and had planned on going to see Vikesh in hospital. He had texted her and said they were going to discharge him today and there was no point in going to see him. We decided, instead, to make the most of the day and have lunch at Farndon Fields!

Leaving Keith and Johnny to it, we drove over to Market Harborough and waited for a table in the restaurant. I couldn't believe how busy it was on a Wednesday lunchtime! We didn't have to wait long and we were soon seated. I ordered a tuna and sweetcorn panini and Sophie chose the chicken and bacon sandwich. We shared a bowl of chips and treated ourselves to a glass of wine. I think we deserved it!

It was lovely to sit and chat and Sophie was feeling better today, thank goodness. Vikesh was sent home this afternoon, so it'll be easier for her to visit him from now on.

After lunch, we had a quick mooch around the shop and Sophie bought a box of macarons. Before heading home I filled the car up with petrol, and we bought a couple of pizzas and salad for tonight's meal.

When we arrived home we enjoyed the macarons with a cup of tea and sat in the kitchen chatting. Johnny was still working and had replaced the living room, cloakroom and kitchen windows.

The old windows chucked on the garden!

When he left I hoovered and tidied up, and we all decided to skip dinner tonight. Sophie and I were still full from lunch and we had to have an early night as the alarm was set for 3.30am tomorrow morning!

No comments: