Saturday 3 February 2024

A pootling kind of day...

After a bad night's sleep, I was up far later than I wanted. I hate this! I like a balance of a lie-in but not so it encroaches on my weekend! After a couple of coffees, I helped Sophie make a chocolate bread and butter pudding for tomorrow's dinner and pootled about for the rest of the morning.

Sophie wanted to see Vikesh this afternoon and was worried about parking, so I gave her a lift to the hospital. Predictably, there were loads of spaces! He is still in intensive care and she'd been coordinating her visits with his family,  as only two people are allowed to see him at any one time.

I returned home and mopped the kitchen floor and the conservatory, as the cats had been in and out all day, leaving muddy footprints everywhere. I am so looking forward to the spring and summer when we can have the doors open and it's drier and warmer!

Keith and I returned at 4pm to collect Sophie and headed home to relax. We'd planned on playing Scrabble but it was nicer to sit on the sofa with a drink and chat. Vikesh was a lot better but there weren't any beds available on the other wards, so he will have to stay in intensive care for a few more days.

We had beefburgers for dinner with roasted vegetables and after we'd eaten we watched series four of True Detective. Sophie and I had enjoyed the first series immensely, but not the second one so much. The fourth series is set in Alaska and stars Jodie Foster. It reminded me a little of Fortitude and had three British actors, all speaking with silly American accents... why do they do that?!


No comments: