Thursday 15 February 2024

Work mayhem!

When I turned on my computer this morning at work, one of my monitors (we all have two) was bright red... not a good look! Sheila told me to turn it off and then on again, but it was still red! She went downstairs to our archive room where we store spare equipment to fetch another one, and I logged onto another computer but this one was purple!

Sara went after Sheila to tell her, so I decided to check the other computers and found the one that Sue uses was yellow! Very colourful, but different from how they should be!

The monitors on the other computers were fine, which was quite bizarre! Sheila lugged a load of spare screens up from the archive room and set mine up so I could get some work done! I had the box office returns to do, plus lots of emails as Sara had been out of the office all day yesterday.

We thought there was a bug in the monitors but Sheila phoned IT and said someone would be coming out mid-morning to replace them all. We're still linked with our local council, but this contract is ending soon and our phone system will also change in the next couple of weeks. I can see a challenging time ahead!

I got on with my work and halfway through the morning, the IT man came out and said that it was the cables that were faulty, not the monitors themselves. He replaced them all so things calmed down a bit, thank goodness!

I finished my shift at 2pm and went home to pootle about. It was a lovely day but any plans to get out into the garden or take some stuff to the tip were put on hold as Keith said he felt shattered!


No comments: