Tuesday 6 February 2024

Feeling a little stressed...

Work was OK today, but for some reason, it always drags on a Tuesday! I was hoping that Sophie wouldn't go to see Vikesh tonight and that she would spend all afternoon with him tomorrow instead. We were supposed to have been in London on Wednesday, but Sophie had cancelled her appointment with Dr Bawa as there was just too much going on this week.

Johnny replaced the bathroom and spare room windows today and at least I was able to vacuum when I got home from work. We still can't get over how much bigger the windows look without all the white frames we had before. We're very pleased with them!

Unfortunately, my daughter was a bit stressed when she arrived home from work but had already decided not to go and see Vikesh this evening. I was hugely relieved because I didn't fancy taking her over again, and I wouldn't have been able to sit in the waiting area by intensive care as he was now on a normal ward.

We sat in the kitchen and let her rant about work while she made up almost sixty name badges for an event she's hosting on Thursday, at a prison near Wetherby in Yorkshire. We're taking her there, as to try and get a train would be almost impossible, and the event starts at 8am! Keith and I were looking forward to a day out, but the forecast was bad weather and snow...

We had the bubble and squeak and roast chicken for dinner that we should have had last night, and I enjoyed it all the more with a day's gap!

No comments: