Tuesday 13 February 2024

Sloshing along!

Sophie was feeling back to her old self this morning, but she didn't want to push it by going to the gym, so she woke me up and we had a coffee together before we both got ready for work. The strange noise of last night had stopped, so that was a relief! It sounded so spooky!

I wasn't looking forward to today because Jo had taken a day's leave and I was working with Angela, who seems to be constantly making outbound calls. I did as many of the customer service emails as I could before the lines opened at 10am. 

We have an increased workload at the moment as our company has taken on another leisure centre in Derbyshire, so we're receiving calls and emails from customers. Thankfully, though, the phones weren't as busy as they were yesterday!

When I left work I noticed I'd had a call from Mum who wanted me to drop some toiletries over to her, so I had no choice but to head home to collect them and then drive to Kettering. It was raining hard and the traffic on the A43 was abysmal. It was an atrocious early evening and not really what I wanted to do!

Keith and I drove over, I met Mum in reception and, after a quick chat with her, we headed home to relax. I texted Sophie before she left home to warn her about the amount of water on the roads as they were beginning to flood with all the rain we'd had. The fields around here are saturated and I dread to think what it would have been like if the rain was snow!

No comments: