Monday 19 February 2024

Feeling a little flat...

I don't know what happened on our drive out yesterday, but Keith contacted me at work this morning to say that the VW had a completely flat front tyre on the passenger side. The tyres are brand new so that was annoying. I must have picked up a nail somewhere, and I'm just glad it didn't happen while Sophie and I were out.

Keith had to stay at home all day, and said he would go shopping when I got back after work. We were as busy, as I'd predicted, and I had to help out with the calls several times. Luckily, during the school holidays, most calls are dealt with quickly and easily and the anticipated problems with the phone system didn't materialise. We still have our wallboard... for the time being at least!

At 4pm I left work, filled up with diesel and drove home. The traffic was awful on the A43 and I crawled most of the way up to the Holcot roundabout. I then met two horses walking abreast in "cut-throat alley" which was sheer madness as the traffic at this time of the evening was busy and the road was very narrow!

Keith was waiting for me outside and sped off to Tesco to buy some groceries. I pootled about and Sophie also had a bad journey home with slow traffic for most of the route.

When Keith returned from Tesco he pumped up the tyre, but we don't hold out much hope that it will stay inflated. The tyre man is coming tomorrow with a replacement so that's another expense we weren't planning on making this month!


No comments: