Sunday 4 February 2024

A hard day's work!

Thankfully, I woke up slightly earlier today, so I was able to make a start on the front garden and help Keith cut the bushes down to a more acceptable level. The windows are being replaced next week and at the moment the bushes are halfway up the front window! 

It was a much bigger job than I'd anticipated and we had to get rid of the cuttings already in the wheelie bin! We went to the tip, got rid of it all and headed back to start all over again!

While Keith cut down the bushes, I chopped them up to get as many in the bin as I could. Once that was full, we put more cuttings in boxes and returned to the tip. And then repeat! Vince and Sue came out to have a chat, which gave us a few minutes of respite! I was glad that the weather was mild and dry, but we've had thick clouds all day so no sunshine at all.

Sophie drove to the hospital at 1.30pm and managed to park easily, which was a relief. She wasn't allowed onto the ward until it was precisely 2pm, though. Rules are rules! Keith and I carried on, and on and on...  but by about 3pm we were all done, the bushes looked a lot neater and we could see out of the window! Inside it felt very exposed!

While Keith did all the preparations for a roast chicken dinner, I swept up outside and hoovered downstairs. Sophie returned home at about 4.30pm and we managed to eat at 6pm, a bit later than we wanted but much earlier than usual!


No comments: