Sunday 14 May 2023

Sitting in the garden!

We talked about September this morning and took the plunge and booked the Airbnb near Pals. It's a new addition to the site, so it has no reviews, but the owner is a Super Host so we're hoping everything will be OK! We even booked La Troubadour Hotel in Rocamadour for one of the nights we'll spend travelling to Spain, so it'll be brilliant to explore more of the town this time. We're also hoping to spend a night in Amboise again and properly explore the town.

Keith and I took Sophie to Vikesh's house at 11am as she was going to London to visit Tate Modern and have lunch. I suggested to Keith that we have our barbecue at lunchtime rather than this evening, so that's what we did! I even managed to sit in the garden with Keith and sip a G&T! I can't remember the last time we did that; it was lovely! The sun was shining and the birds were flitting about in the bushes, and it was quiet! Heavenly!

We ate in the conservatory for a change as it was so sunny, and I relaxed in the afternoon, managing a nap!

Sophie returned at about 6.30pm after having a great day in London but said that all the upper levels of Tate Modern were closed. She'd seen some weird and wonderful art and had enjoyed a burger at Shake Shack.

Keith and I decided to watch a new BBC1 programme at 9pm called Ten Pound Poms but after half an hour we turned it off. Some of my family had gone over to Australia in the 1950s so I wanted to see it but we were disappointed!

No comments: