Thursday 11 May 2023

Rushing about!

I had a busy day ahead of me, as after my shift at work, I had to speed over to collect Mum and take her to have her nails done.

I caught up with the cash-ups for the majority of my shift, and I'll be very glad when Sheila returns next week! Some of them were in a complete mess, and it amazes me that such a simple job of scanning the sheets and till rolls over can be mucked up by some of the staff! The figures and accompanying paperwork are important as they are audited, and they should all be present and correct!

At 2pm I drove to Kettering in heavy rain, and the sky was full of towering storm clouds. I'd asked Mum to meet me in reception, but there was no sign of her and I discovered she'd fallen asleep! I hurried back out with her and on the way back we had bright sunshine. It's more like April than May!

Mum's nails looked lovely today, and after I'd seen her back I dashed home and relaxed. Sophie was out tonight, at The Rose and Crown in Yardley Hastings with Laura, so she came in and went straight upstairs to get ready.

Keith and I had a very disappointing dinner of fish and chips and I vowed never again to buy boxed fish from Tesco. My fish was grey and tasteless... what a difference to the lovely salmon I had last week in France!

No comments: