Monday 29 May 2023

Bank Holiday working

I was allowed a small lie-in today as I started work at 9am, rather than 8am. I worked with Kathy and I have to say we had a very pleasant day! Yes, it was busy with swimming bookings, but I was able to do the box office returns and answer all the customer service emails between calls.

At 2pm I sped off home to sit with Sophie and Keith and have a cup of tea and a natter. She had been to Farndon Fields this morning for breakfast, so she had treated us to a sausage roll (which we shared) and some macarons.

Neither of us fancied going out so we had a good look at places to stay on the way home from Spain in September. We picked out a gorgeous hotel in the town of Carpentras, somewhere Keith and I had stayed BC (before children). I remember doing the journey from Northampton in one hit and almost falling asleep while having a pre-dinner drink, something I have no wish to do again!

We then looked at hotels or Airbnbs further north in Burgundy as I wanted to take Sophie to Rully and Mercurey, two lovely wine villages we stayed in years ago. We looked at lots of places but none of them seemed quite right, and although we saw a great hotel in the town of Dole (where I stayed with my parents years ago), it was too long a drive up to Calais.

There was no rush so we played a game of cards while Keith cooked dinner. After we'd eaten we started watching a silly film starring John Hamm called Confess, Fletch but Sophie and I gave up and went upstairs. We looked out of the bedroom window and saw Herbie the Hedgehog stuffing his face in the garden! Lovely!

No comments: