Sunday 21 May 2023

A gorgeous May day!

Keith and I ventured into the garden this morning, mowed the lawn and trimmed all the edges. I did some weeding but it didn't take long to make it look lovely and neat again! It's been a gorgeous day with temperatures around 18c, a lovely breeze and blue skies. Perfect!

Vikesh came over with Reggie the dog, and he and Sophie went for a walk down the track to the nature reserve, followed by lunch at the pub. Reggie loved being in the garden and raced around sniffing everything and exploring!

While they were out I transcribed a few more pages of my holiday diary from 1985 onto the blog and traced our route on Google Maps. We weren't far from Auxerre where we stopped last September.

When Sophie and Vikesh returned I had a shower, and Sophie and I popped to the garage at Moulton as she needed some petrol. She treated me to an ice cream and bought a pack of Caesar salad for dinner this evening. On the way there and back, the countryside looked stunning with the trees in full leaf, a profusion of cow parsley along the verges and hedgerows, and May blossom everywhere. This month really is the most beautiful of the year when everything springs into life!

Sophie and I played Scrabble in the early evening and finished the game we'd started last night. We then went and sat in the garden for a little while before Keith barbecued some sausages, lamb chops and burgers. There was more than enough left over for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: