Thursday 4 May 2023

Getting things sorted.

I was very busy at work today, sorting out emails (there were 57 when I walked in, which wasn't too bad), and the time flew by!

At 2pm, I went over to the Weston Favell Centre as I had an appointment for a contact lens check. I was a bit early so I sat in Costa and enjoyed a coffee first. My appointment took only minutes and everything was fine with my contact lenses. She put a few drops of dye in my eyes to detect dryness and any scratches so I had to wear my glasses to drive home.

I was back by 3.30pm, and Keith and I sorted out breakdown cover for the car for the weekend and extended the insurance to cover France. I printed off the instructions for the Airbnb and our ferry booking, managing to do everything wirelessly, which was a bonus! I still can't believe we'll be back in France at the weekend! 

Sophie returned home, we opened a bottle of Alsace Riesling and she cooked risotto for dinner with garlic bread which took her a good hour to do. I sat and read the paper and sipped the wine which was disappointing. It had hardly any aroma and was tart. It's a good job we only bought one bottle!

Keith watched football again and Sophie and I indulged in the last weekly episode of Masterchef where the contestants seemed to include everything on our list - panna cotta, crumbs, oils, tuilles, poached pears! The list went on!


No comments: