Tuesday 2 May 2023

Catching up.

I had to set my own alarm this morning as Sophie was still away, and when it went off at 6.30am, I went back to bed for half an hour! I hadn't had the best night's sleep and it was lovely to lie and listen to the birdsong outside.

Work was somewhat stressful today, with several problems that needed sorting out. As Sheila was away taking minutes for a meeting, and Sara was on annual leave, Jo and I tried as best as we could to sort a couple of niggles that came up throughout the shift. At least I managed to clear the customer service emails, which I was most worried about!

Sophie had texted me to say she was home and when I got back, she had hoovered and prepared the dinner, How lovely! We sat and chatted with a cup of tea and I showed her the Airbnb we're renting at the weekend. She'd had a lovely time and was excited about her trip to Istanbul in November.

We drank a glass of Jurançon sec which we'd bought in France. It was delicious and refreshing and went really well with the chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in Parma ham that Sophie cooked. Before she started we watched half an hour of Masterchef and added another culinary term to the list - samphire!

Keith went upstairs to watch the football after dinner, leaving Sophie and me to get another fix of Masterchef. Perfect!

No comments: