Monday 8 May 2023

A poorly pigeon

We awoke this morning to grey skies and drizzle, so not much change from France!

Sophie went to Milton Keynes with Vikesh to do some shopping in Costco, and then to have lunch in a Turkish restaurant, while I tackled the laundry and wrote my blog. It was a very relaxed day, and I was convinced it was Sunday!

I went out into the grey and damp garden in the afternoon to feed the birds and noticed a pigeon who looked injured. His/her wing seemed to be hanging down. There was another pigeon there as well but they flew away as soon as I appeared. Keith and I don't think it's a homing pigeon, but I put some food down and hoped for the best. At least we have a lot of shelter in our garden and a plentiful supply of food.

By the time Sophie came home in the evening, all the washing had been done and everything unpacked. Time to start planning the next trip! Sophie had bought some beautiful wines in Costco, and one, a Chardonnay, was 14.5% I think we'll treat that one with caution!

As it was Monday (not Sunday) Masterchef was on in the evening and we had another round of newbies!

No comments: