Tuesday 9 May 2023

Back to work

It was not pleasant being woken by Sophie at 5.55am this morning and knowing I had a full day of work ahead of me! Sheila is off this week so that means I had to do the daily cash-ups, the box office returns and answer the phones today! I am really not keen on the cash-ups as they're number based, and the spreadsheet is very confusing! I do as much as I can and hope for the best!

For some reason, a lot of callers irritated me today, especially as we'd had a flash Coronation sale over the weekend and existing members were annoyed as they were paying more. Several insisted on cancelling their memberships and taking out the new one, even though they then had to commit to being with us for twelve months!

I was very glad when it was 4pm and I could go home! On the journey, I heard thunder, and the skies were full of dark, angry storm clouds. We've had a lot of rain lately and everything is looking exceedingly green!

Keith made a delicious chicken and ham pie this evening with copious veg, and after we'd eaten Sophie and I went upstairs to watch television as Keith wanted to watch BT Sport downstairs. Without consulting Sophie I ordered the film, Lost Horizon, from Amazon Prime as I just knew she would enjoy it. It had a huge impact on me when I saw it as a child and inspired my trip to Nepal, but Sophie was not happy and flounced off to have a bath!

When she emerged a bit later she was contrite and we said we'd watch it properly tomorrow. We then tuned into the semi-finals of Eurovision and watched some of the loony acts taking part!

No comments: