Sunday 28 May 2023

A perfect drying day!

Today has been a perfect laundry day with a lovely breeze, plenty of sunshine and blue skies. I changed the beds and managed to get everything on the line to dry... for free! And the bedding smelt gorgeous after it had been dried in the beautiful sunshine!

As well as doing loads of washing Keith and I decided to move the sofa from the conservatory into the living room as it made sense to have it in there. We're planning on buying two new armchairs (one of the arms was ravaged by Monty's claws) but we don't want them to be too big. Moving the furniture was tricky but we managed in the end, and I gave both sofas a good clean and hoovered behind them.

In between doing this, I transferred some more of my 1985 diary onto the blog and traced the places we'd visited on Google Maps. I had made my Dad do a 200-mile round trip to visit a chateau in the village of La Chapelle d'Angillon, where the French author Alain Fournier was born, as I was reading this book, Le Grand Meaulnes, at the time. When we arrived, I was hugely disappointed with the chateau, which had been turned into a Country and Western-themed attraction! The chateau in his novel was mysterious and enchanted, and I loved the story of a peasant boy meeting the love of his life there. Happily, it seems to have now been restored to its former beauty - https://chateau-angillon.fr - so maybe worth visiting again if we're ever in the area!

Keith barbecued in the evening and it turned windy and chilly so I didn't sit out in the garden with him! It was way too cold!


No comments: