Thursday 18 May 2023

Keith gets jabbed!

My short shift passed incredibly quickly today, and I cleared all the customer service emails. Sara and Sheila went over to the Weston Favell Centre and brought back a load of cakes as it's Sara's birthday on Saturday. As you can imagine, our office was very popular this morning!

At 2pm I went home for about ten minutes as Keith was having his booster covid jab this afternoon at 3pm. He had to go to the Kettering Conference Centre, which used to be the site of the covid testing at the height of the pandemic, so I said I would go with him in case he felt unwell afterwards. There was hardly anyone about and he was in and out before his appointment time! What a difference to when he first went and the centres were busy with people!

Once this was done we drove to B&M and bought yet another box of fat snax - 150 of them! We can't keep up with the feeding at the moment and the bigger birds - Rooky, a couple of magpies and jackdaws - are trying to get the fat snax from the feeders and knocking them to the ground. I understand they are feeding their young but they're so violent!

I cooked dinner again tonight, a recipe that Sophie wasn't keen on as we were using chicken thighs. I marinated them for an hour in a mixture of honey, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice and garlic, before arranging them on an oven tray with new potatoes. After about twenty minutes I added asparagus and tender-stem broccoli to all cook together. The meal smelt lovely and even Sophie had to agree (she's not keen on mustard!).

We had decided to have wine night tonight as I'm out tomorrow, so we sipped a lovely Chardonnay and watched a film about Frida Kahlo starring Salma Hayek as Frida and Alfred Molina as Diego Rivera. It was a great film but we could hardly hear what the actors were saying! No subtitles!

Dinner was a great success! I stir-fried a bag of spinach, as there was no room in the oven pan, and I loved its delicate flavour! The marinade was delicious and even Sophie said she enjoyed it. 

Keith went upstairs after dinner and Sophie and I watched the end of the film. Just before we went to bed, at about 10pm we both went to get some washing in from the tumble dryer outside and saw the hedgehog enjoying his food! We were both delighted to see him and we'll definitely put the food out a little later in future so it doesn't get nicked by the birds!


No comments: